Friday, October 29, 2010

DONE!

“We rate ability in men by what they finish, not by what they attempt”
Unknown

I am done! I have written over 16,000 words and could care less if I ever right another meaningful word again! I have read literally hundreds of thousands of words and have had serious thoughts about investing in some books on tape! Blood (maybe), sweat, and tears got me to the point where I can say "My dissertation is DONE"! Everybody knows the only good dissertation is a DONE dissertation. Exhale, Ryan...its over after 5 years...so now what?

It could be considered disconcerting that having a done dissertation "finishes" nothing for me , except my higher education career. What matters now is not that I am done paying tuition...but rather, what comes next. I got it, now what do I do with it? A clearly defined answer here would do my sanity, and my family, good!

So now we're getting somewhere, right? A done dissertation is a means to a finish...but frankly when I think about it I don't want to be "finished" until God tells me I'm done. There's something so permanent about being "finished".

Man, what a conudrum...I worked soooo hard to be done...but man I really don't want to be "finished" right now! I have to much journey left in me to be "finished"! Help me, Gabe and Graham, I am so confused! I am way to young to be having a mid-life crisis...

Ok, I'm being dramatic. I really don't need the advice of a four and two year old nor do I feel in the throws of any sort of crisis...the conudrum remains, nonetheless!

Gabe & Graham:
Be smart enough to never start what cannot be done...and wise enough to never finish living until God tells you you're done. There. I'm DONE now!

No comments:

Post a Comment